We're an affiliate
We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, we may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page. Thank you if you use our links, we really appreciate it!
Chicken Quesadillas the Kids Crave
I have been making these Chicken Quesadillas for many years now, and every time I do they’re gone in a flash!
I came up with this recipe in my apartment kitchen, when I had friends dropping by all the time. These quesadillas are awesome for get-togethers, ESPECIALLY in football season! But the REAL up-side to this quick, easy dinner is that the kiddos LOVE them!
That makes me feel like a winner at dinner time! And, even though I like to get meals and cleanup done quickly, I definately don’t mind whipping up extra of these if I get asked for seconds! These will also store easily in the fridge and be pulled out for a quick lunch- Who doesn’t love double-duty-dishes?!
So let’s get to it!
- One package Large Flour Tortillas
- One Bunch Fresh Cilantro
- One Packet Taco Seasoning (I like Old El Paso)
- One Lime
- Two Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts- Cooked and Shredded/ Chopped
- One Package Shredded Monterrey Jack Cheese
- Sides- Salsa/ Guacamole/ Sour Cream/ Re-Fried Beans/Spanish Rice
- In a medium mixing bowl, Combine Cooked Shredded Chicken, One Packet Taco Seasoning, Juice from a Large Lime Wedge, and 3 Tbsp finely chopped Cilantro. Toss to coat.
- Add a Tbsp of Vegetable Oil to a large skillet and heat over medium-low heat.
- Add one Tortilla to heated skillet, Spoon over Chicken mix to Half the Tortilla
- Sprinkle a Generous amount of Cheese over the chicken mixture
- Fold Over Your Tortilla
- Cook Both Sides Evenly Until Golden Brown and Crisp
- Serve Immediately with Sides of Your Choice!
This Recipe Makes 3 Large Quesadillas- or 12 slices!
I have 2 and 5 year-old boys, they can usually only eat two to three slices each. With sides like Spanish Rice or Re-fried beans, 3 Quesadillas are enough for two adults and two small kids. BUT, everyone will like them so much you will want to make extra!
I like to boil my chicken breasts ahead of time– I shred or chop them after cooking and put it in a gallon storage bag in the fridge for Quesadillas or Chicken Salad for the week! I usually do 4 large breasts, and whatever I don’t use can go to the freezer.
If you’re having company, you can double or triple this chicken recipe and make the chicken mixture a day or two beforehand. Store in a zip lock in the fridge until you’re ready to cook.
Here’s a fun trick I learned with the kids-
The kids crave these quesadillas, but they really dig in when I use small tortillas and roll them up with the chicken and cheese-
Just roll these around the frying pan to crisp evenly! Perfect for little hands, and a perfect grab-able snack, these little ‘Taquitos” can be dipped in their favorite toppings…
You could even put these little roll-ups in a casserole dish and bake them with Salsa Verde and shredded cheese over the top! Hows that for a quick, tasty casserole?!
I want to hear how your littles like this recipe- please try this and comment below! Also, don’t forget to subscribe to the newsletter- I have many more kid- friendly recipes to share with you!
Happy Cooking! -Breezy